Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal problem that affects women worldwide. It is the result of an unhealthy lifestyle, hormonal imbalance, or heredity, and if not managed wisely, can lead to problems such as irregular menstrual cycles, infertility, stress, and pregnancy-related complications. However, did you know that yoga is a great way to treat with home remedies for PCOS and promote overall healing in people?
It has been observed that yoga for PCOS can help open up the pelvic area and also relieve stored stress and promote relaxation of the mind and body. Yoga is a natural way to treat PCOS and by practicing asanas regularly, it can relieve stress and increase the detoxification of the body.
Yoga won't cure your condition, but it will definitely help relieve your PCOS symptoms.
5 Best Yoga Poses for PCOS
Baddha Konasana (butterfly pose)- Baddha Konasana is a simple and easy PCOS yoga pose. This pose effectively promotes relaxation in your body. It also reduces menstrual cramps and stress.
How to do-
- When sitting, make sure your spine is straight and your legs are open.
- Now bend your knees and bring your feet together while pushing your heels.
- Now start flapping your legs slowly and evenly like the wings of a butterfly for a minute.
Bharadvajasana (Bharadvaja's Twist)- Bharadvaja Twist Yoga Pose is a relaxing PCOS yoga pose at home that works with your spine and helps normalize menstrual problems. It also helps calm the nervous system and relax the spine and muscles.
How to do-
- Sit on a yoga mat. Keep your legs stretched out in front of you and your arms by your sides.
- Bend your knee close to your left thigh so that your weight rests on your right hip.
- Keep your left ankle on the right foot arch.
- Place your right hand on your buttocks and your left hand on your right thigh at the same time.
- Turn your body to the right as far as possible, keeping your weight on the right hip.
- Hold this pose for 1 minute and return to the original position on the other side.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)- This pose promotes healthy ovaries by soothing the stomach and allowing it to function properly. This pose also helps improve digestion and reduces stress.
How to do-
- Lie on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor and your feet together.
- Place your hands under your shoulders and elbows close to your body.
- As you take a deep breath, lift your head and torso off the floor.
- Keep your back arched as much as possible while supporting your body with both hands.
- Tilt your head and look around as much as possible.
- Keep your shoulders away from your ears while breathing normally.
- Wait 30 seconds and return to the starting position.
Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)- Surya Namaskar is listed as the best natural cure for PCOS. Losing weight and regulating the menstrual cycle can all be facilitated by doing the Surya namaskar every day.
How to do-
- Stand straight with your feet together and put your weight on both feet.
- Relax your shoulders and expand your chest.
- As you inhale, raise your hands to the sides, and as you exhale, bring your hands together in front of your chest in a prayer position.
- Inhale and stretch your whole body, from heels to toes.
- Exhale and bend forward to touch your toes, keeping your spine straight.
- Slide your right leg back and keep it straight. look straight ahead.
- Get into the push-up position and hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Assume the position of Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose).
- Keep breathing in and out while doing this yoga pose.
- Now get back up straight and touch your feet.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge pose)- It is the most effective yoga pose to relieve menopausal symptoms and stimulation of the abdominal cavity. It helps regulate thyroid function, which is important for preventing PCOS.
How to do-
- Bridge pose can be challenging, so start by arching your back slightly.
- Lift your legs to your chest with your hands, then lift your pelvis and push on the floor.
- Make sure your toes are fixed on the floor.
- Now, strengthen your core and pelvic muscles with this pose.
- You have to do it for at least eight breaths.
These PCOS asanas can significantly improve the health of women with PCOS in terms of anxiety, hormonal imbalance, menstrual cycle, and metabolic parameters. Also, you can try our Ayurvedic formula for PCOS i.e. Lekhniya Guggul Ayurvedic Tablets. It is considered the best Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS that ensures hormonal balance and provides strength to the menstrual system